IE 6,7,8 Warning with removeChild
On a removeChild function call, Internet Explorer complains: “Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?”. This is a particularly obscure bug with IE that has caused me lots of grief. First of all, it is indeed a bug with IE. This behavior can be repeated with 100% HTTPS content all on the same domain (see example below).
You can trigger this behavior under the following conditions:
- You are viewing an HTTPS web page in IE 6, 7 or 8
- You add a background image to an element that has a submit
- The background image added references a resource with a relative path
Some Potential Fixes
$(child).css('background', 'none');before calling
- Always use Absolute URLs for resources loaded dynamically
- Stop caring about supporting crappy browsers
I would guess that this bug comes from some ancient attempt at security by Microsoft to keep malicious devs from stealing a click event that was directed at a button. Still it makes no sense at all and it’s a seriously annoying/obscure bug.